Finance Manager, Treasury & Markets
- Largest financial institution in NZ with global offices and the opportunity to work with global teams
- Highly visible role to support, partner and provide valuable insight, accounting and reporting services and advice to key Treasury and Markets stakeholders
Financial Control responsibility for NZD35bn of wholesale funding
About the role:
As the Finance Manager, Treasury & Markets, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the Business Unit (BU) accounting and reporting services to support the Financial Controllers, including provision of financial information to the BU Divisional Finance team and ensuring that all statutory and regulatory reporting obligations across the BU are adequately met.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of month-end delivery requirements, registers, schedules, reconciliations, trial balance, and ensuring accounting services are completed to support financial reporting and successful audit completion.
- Partner with the Businesses and provide sound and insightful financial management advice and decision support on matters of significant financial impact related to the assigned portfolio, in order to drive the achievement of sound financial management.
- Build collaborative relationships with Business Partners and other key stakeholders, and contribute to stakeholder forums.
- Drive an effective and co-operative relationship across both onshore and offshore accounting teams to ensure delivery of service.
To be successful in this role you will bring the following:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification is essential.
- Approximately six years of professional experience in Finance and/or Treasury roles, or Audit if CA qualified.
- An interest in the Treasury and Markets business and products.
- Demonstrated experience with statutory and regulatory accounting within a banking/insurance environment.
- Well developed analytical & problem solving skills.
- Commercial edge with sound business acumen and a focus on the customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence.
- Experience working with off-shore sites is advantageous.
Role Type: Permanent
Role hours: Standard business hours with flexibility
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – Are honest and fair
Collaboration – Work together for the customer
Accountability – Take ownership and get things done
Respect – Care for all those we serve
Excellence – Challenge ourselves to be better
Tō Ao, Nā Tō Ara – E whakanuia ana e ANZ ngā mea Māori katoa
Your world, your way – ANZ celebrating all things Māori
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.co.nz/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW032340.