Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
- Work with the latest available enterprise tools, software and platforms.
- Join a high energy, engaging, dynamic team environment working on high profile customer facing applications.
- Leverage your knowledge of operations and software engineering to drive excellence in platform support.
About The Role
In this role, you would have the opportunity to:
- Use your strong software engineering, design and consulting skills to enhance platform stability and reliability.
- Demonstrate competencies in complex troubleshooting, problems determination and effective resolution.
- Help achieve operational efficiency and make improvements to multi-platform business critical applications in process, procedures and supportability
- Contribute to the development of best in class, leading process and systems automation capabilities.
- Use your strong troubleshooting skills to deliver excellence in application and infrastructure support.
- Provide input to projects to assess, define and implement fit for purpose cost effective engineering solutions and toolsets to enhance application support and delivery.
- Contribute to a rostered team providing 24/7/365 engineering support one week in 4
Role Location: Wellington
Role Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Standard business hours with 1 week in 4 on-call
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience with OpenShift Docker is extremely advantageous or other PaaS, Caas technologies
- Infrastructure support experience, either traditional SysOps or modern DevOps
- Solid enterprise platform experience esp in Linux/ Unix
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner and collaborate with various teams
- The ability to problem solve, whilst keeping the customer needs at the forefront.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of WebSphere or other J2EE containers
- Good Linux and Unix skills
- An understanding of incident management ITIL
- A background working in an Agile/ Scrum Platform team.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Various leave options available; e.g. family leave, carers leave, parental leave, study leave
- Excellent staff banking and insurance benefits
- Health and Wellbeing programs
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – We are honest and fair
Collaboration – We work together for the customer
Accountability – We take ownership and get things done
Respect – We care for all those we serve
Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better
Tō Ao, Nā Tō Ara – E whakanuia ana e ANZ ngā mea Māori katoa
Your world, your way – ANZ celebrating all things Māori
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world https://www.youtube.com/watch?=aP5k74hROfw&feature=youtu.be)
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW034085.