Senior Analyst Programmer, Digital - Front end / Senior Web Developer
- Permanent role; Flexible work options; flexi-hours, flexi-place
- Join ANZ’s digital banking environment. Highly collaborative team culture
- Latest techniques in development, scrum, and agile
About the role
As a Senior Analyst Programmer, Digital - Front end / Senior Web Developer you will have the opportunity to:
Join our expanding Digital technology shop where we are growing our delivery capability in Auckland.
Play a key part in contributing to change initiatives across ANZ's Digital applications.
Join a collaborative and supportive environment with a focus on continuous improvement and empowering others.
Be passionate about driving change and improvements in Web Development, test automation, and the continuous delivery spaces, improving software quality, delivering software faster and more reliably.
- Contribute to a high-performing agile development team.
- Enable ANZ to maintain, develop and enhance functionality of banking systems to meet business needs.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to other development staff.
- Assist the Delivery teams with continually improving delivery processes to enhance stakeholder satisfaction.
Role Location: Auckland CBD
Role Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm however flexibility and/or reduced hours available
- You will be a communicator, and enjoy spending your day working alongside other developers, testers, business analysts, and product owners
- You will have the ability to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions at the right time
- You will enjoy working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change in the organisation
- You will be passionate about writing modular, well tested, code that follows good software development principles
- You will have proven experience working as a Senior Web Developer in agile environments, and be excited by the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing improvement of development processes, tools, strategy, and methodology
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of good software engineering principles and practices for keeping a codebase of high maintainability
- Experience (2 years minimum) with automated UI testing. e.g. QUnit
- Experience (2 years minimum) with scrum or other Agile practices
- Understanding of unit testing and mocking as applied to front-end development
- Understanding of security issues relating to web application development, and how to build a secure application
- A rigorous and logical approach to problem solving, clear communication skills and excellent time management
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Circle CI, Cruise Control)
- Containerisation and DevOps knowledge (e.g. AWS Cloud, Docker, Openshift)
- Familiarity with UNIX dev environment (e.g. shell scripting and use over ssh terminal)
- Experience working with server rendered pages e.g. JSP, ASP.net
To find out more about ANZ’s Technology strategy watch these two short videos by going to the ANZ careers page http://www.anz.co.nz/careers and searching reference number NEW031955.
Technology Roadmap and Technology Plan
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
Everyone at ANZ has the opportunity to grow and learn. At ANZ, we believe in the inherent strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us to forge strong connections with all our customers, innovate and make better decisions for our business.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – Are honest and fair
Collaboration – Work together for the customer
Accountability – Take ownership and get things done
Respect – Care for all those we serve
Excellence – Challenge ourselves to be better
Tō Ao, Nā Tō Ara – E whakanuia ana e ANZ ngā mea Māori katoa
Your world, your way – ANZ celebrating all things Māori
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5k74hROfw&feature=youtu.be)
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW031955.