Aurecon provides world class engineering, management and specialist technical services to clients across the globe. An independent, employee owned company we encourage our people to live their ideas working alongside globally recognised experts in multidisciplinary teams.
Our PSH unit in Auckland is currently undertaking major Infrastructure projects within the region. These include prestigious public transportation and motorway projects of national significance, such as Auckland's City Rail Link, Western Ring Route, Southern Corridor and Northern Corridor Improvements, and other North Island projects. We have an immediate vacancy for a Cost Controller to actively contribute to the smooth administration of these major and often complex projects.
As a Cost Controller within PSH, you will insure that corporate cost control and estimating standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply, across all business organizations. This role will see you working closely with Commercial and Project Managers to assist them in managing the project to the cost & effort requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Hold (5-7) years’ engineering &/or construction cost control experience.
. Leadership experience as a Control Team Lead (CTL) on a small sized project or lead on a large project.
· Ability to solve complex problems, develop and implement procedures.
· Advanced knowledge of macros and other modelling techniques.
· Experience in developing & executing the project controls on large and complex projects – ideally transit projects.
· Thorough knowledge of diversified controls engineering systems, principles and practices.
· Knowledge and ability to practically apply accounting theory to business issues.
Preferred Qualifications, Systems and Software:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/engineering.
· Advanced degree or professional registration (CCP, AIQS, RICs, etc.) preferred.
· Expert in Prism user particularly Prism Cost & Prism Engineering modules.
· Knowledge & use of an Enterprise Risk Management System (Predict!, @Risk, etc.).
. Primavera P6 & Microsoft Projects.
. Familiarity with BST financial reporting/accounting environment.
What Can Aurecon offer You:
At Aurecon, we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, encourages sustainability and promotes team work and work life balance. We offer an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work on high profile projects together with a rewarding career experience within our large and diverse organisation. We also support flexible work practices and are willing to negotiate work hours to meet your and Aurecon’s needs in line with our commitments as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
If this opportunity is something you would be interested in exploring further, please register your interest by using the "Apply Now" button below.