Ground Engineering Team Leader, Auckland
Aurecon is a progressive privately-owned consulting firm operating across Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle-East. We bring ideas to life to design for a better future. Residing in the Infrastructure market our New Zealand Ground and Underground Engineering team is located across four New Zealand offices providing geotechnical, geology, contaminated land, tunneling and underground structures engineering services to our global business.
We have a rare opportunity for a talented leader to join our ground engineering team in Auckland. Your primary role will be to lead the operations and delivery of our team of 20 technical staff. As line manager to our senior staff you will play a pivotal role to ensure effective coordination, project planning, resourcing and project delivery management. Working with our NZ ground engineering leader and other leads located in Wellington, Tauranga and Christchurch, you will provide a vital link to our national opportunity and resource management, and contribute strongly to our future business direction.
This role will encompass a blend of leadership, line management, technical delivery management and client-facing responsibilities, including:
- * Managing the team resources, opportunities and forward workload.
- * Line management of 6 staff (indirect management of 20 staff).
- * Leading the delivery of, and providing senior technical input for delivery of projects in Auckland and nationally (as required).
- * Providing project management including contribution to major project tenders and preparation of project proposals, tracking financial and program performance and client liaison.
- * Providing senior ground engineering consultancy services and where appropriate technical verification of output (i.e. project review).
- * Providing technical mentorship and professional development to junior members of the ground engineering team.
- * Managing our Quality, Risk and Health and Safety processes.
- * Working closely with other senior ground engineering leaders across NZ to coordinate, resource opportunities and manage project deliverables.
- * Working alongside senior business leaders to engage in client and business development opportunities.
- * Assisting our NZ Ground Engineering leader with strategic recruitment and business planning.
- * Assisting senior ground engineering team members in the technical development of the wider ground engineering team to diversify our skill set, project experience and eminence.
- * 15+ years relevant experience (Associate level or above) in consulting engineering focusing on delivery of ground engineering services for a wide range of projects including major infrastructure projects.
- * Chartered engineer or equivalent level of professional accreditation.
- * An inspiring and inclusive leader with excellent interpersonal communication and people skills.
- * Strong project management and resource management skills.
- * Demonstrated ability to identify and manage ground engineering risk.
- * A client-focused and professional approach.
- * A drive to make a real difference and achieve excellence, whilst having fun and creating an inclusive and vibrant team culture.
What We Provide
- * We have a very strong team of technical ground engineering specialists at all levels, and a well-established global ground engineering team with excellent forward workload on a range of nationally significant projects.
- * An employee owned business.
- * Working in a progressive and innovative company which encourages flexible working arrangements and professional development.
- * Contribution to our Digital, Innovation and Eminence Future ready initiatives.
- * A competitive remuneration package and flexi-time.
- * Our commitment to your professional development.
- * Links to our Global Ground Engineering Advocacy Group.
- * Opportunity for travel and work with a diverse range of talented engineers.
If you are keen to progress your career within a diverse and vibrant global team and work with a group shaping the future of New Zealand infrastructure, please click on the APPLY button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer
#Aurecon #Ground Engineering #Digital #Innovation #Eminence