Aurecon provides world class engineering, management and specialist technical services to clients across the globe. An independent, employee owned company we encourage our people to live their ideas working alongside globally recognised experts in multidisciplinary teams.
Our Project Services Hub (PSH) in Tauranga is currently undertaking major Infrastructure projects within the region which has resulted in the need for a Project Controls Specialist to actively contribute to the smooth administration of these major and often complex projects. The Project Controls Specialist will ensure that corporate cost control, estimating, planning/scheduling standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply across all business organizations. This role will see you working closely with the PCM and Project Managers to assist them in managing the project to the cost & scheduling requirements.
* Provide project controls services to the project team including planning, cost control, earned value analysis, forecasting, report production and change management in a timely fashion and in accordance with all agency standards and contractual requirements.
* Day to day management of all effort and cost controls systems.
* Prepare reports that outline the program/project’s financial position in the areas of funding and costs, reserves and contingencies.
* Produce, update, maintain cash flow (cost) schedules.
* Coordinate with the project team in establishing resource loading of schedules for staffing forecasting and reporting of earned value.
* Establish project WBS and effort budgets in Prism.
* Create, maintain and review project schedules in Primavera P6 & Microsoft Projects.
Knowledge and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/engineering and 5-7 years’ engineering, cost control, & planning/scheduling experience.
* Excellent inter-personal, communications, supervision and analytical problem-solving skills.
* Experience developing & executing the project controls on large and complex projects.
* Expert in Prism specifically Prism Cost & Prism Engineering modules, Primavera P6 & Microsoft Projects.
* Thorough knowledge of diversified controls engineering systems, principles and practices.
* Leadership experience as a Control Team Lead (CTL) on a small sized project or lead on a large project.
* Advanced degree or professional registration (CCP, AIQS, RICs, PSP, PSMISP, etc.) preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of macros and other modelling techniques.
* Familiarity with an ERP financial reporting/accounting environment.
*Knowledge & use of an Enterprise Risk Management System (Predict!, @Risk, Acumen Fuse, Primavera SRA, etc.)
* Experience in the use of automated cost & schedule management systems.
* Knowledge and ability to practically apply accounting theory to business issues.
What Can Aurecon offer You
At Aurecon, we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, encourages sustainability and promotes team work and work life balance. We offer an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work on high profile projects together with a rewarding career experience within our large and diverse organisation. We also support flexible work practices and are willing to negotiate work hours to meet your and Aurecon’s needs in line with our commitments as an Employer of Choice.
If this opportunity is something you would be interested in exploring further, please register your interest by using the "Apply Now" button below.