Aurecon is a leading global technical services and engineering design consultancy operating in diverse and robust markets. We empower our people to make a difference through innovation and teamwork and our projects are widely recognised for client and service excellence.
With a strong forward workload, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contaminated Land Specialist to join us. We are seeking a passionate individual with a post graduate qualification in one or more of Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology or Environmental Engineering and a keen interest in developing the contaminated land service line in the business. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading contaminated land and ground investigation deliverables to support a diverse range of local and national clients. There is significant opportunity to work closely with engineers across our land development, transport, built environment, energy and resources and advisory markets.
The role will primarily involve site investigation coordination, data assessment, team management (up to 5 direct reports) analysis and reporting while developing our internal and external client base. National support from our more experienced team members will be provided. You will be expected to develop in technical delivery, client management, project management and business support. This includes a strong focus on Aurecon’s commitment to zero harm in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of or possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
* A relevant postgraduate Science or Engineering qualification (Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology or Environmental Engineering), with a research based dissertation or thesis component preferred
* An experienced scientist with at least 10 years consulting experience
* Preferably affiliated and certified/ chartered with an appropriate institution (CEnvP, CGeol, CPEng or similar
* Excellent communication skills including oral presentation and technical report writing
* Financial and project management experience
* Expertise in Contaminated Land Management Guidelines, RMA, NES, and Asbestos Management Guidelines
* Demonstrated experience leading teams, managing delivery, mentoring staff.
* Investigation management and soil logging to NZGS guidelines
* Human health and environment risk assessment including data analysis
* Surface, groundwater and gas sampling and monitoring
* Expertise in conceptual site models and soil and groundwater remediation technologies
* An interest in business development
* GIS experience preferred
This role would be best suited to a professional, self-motivated individual focussed on collaborative team work and excellence in technical delivery. As this role will require regular client interaction we are seeking an individual with excellent oral and written communication skills. This is a unique career-development opportunity for an experienced scientist or engineer looking to join a dynamic, growing team that offers:
* Diverse, interesting and challenging work
* Local, national and international career opportunities
* Ongoing technical/non-technical training and personal development
* Attractive remuneration that recognises and rewards performance
You will be supported by a team of internationally experienced professional engineers, chemists, environmental scientists and geologists. The national team includes a Chartered Chemist, three Certified Environmental Practitioner (two site contamination specialists) and 11 other contaminated land professionals with over 80 years combined experience in the assessment and remediation of hazardous substances in soil and groundwater. The team works closely with the wider Ground Engineering group including civil and geotechnical engineers to provide safe advice tailored to the proposed development.
We are committed to fostering a culture that develops our people, promotes teamwork and encourages sustainability. To register your interest in this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information on our organisation please visit www.aurecongroup.com