Talent / Learning & Development Consultant
Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. We like to stand out from the crowd and imagine what is possible. We turn problems into solutions. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services across the globe. We seek to unravel complexity, create clarity and invent new value for clients and we use our unique thinking to provide innovative solutions.
Our people are clever, committed and empowered to deliver our vision – fostering human achievement and enhancing communities, in partnership with our clients.
About the role:
Following promotion, we have the exciting opportunity for a Talent Development Consultant to join the People team in our vibrant Auckland office. You will be responsible for the delivery of Aurecon’s development programmes and will be contributing to the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of innovative learning solutions across the business. These will align to Aurecon’s global strategic direction of developing a future ready workforce and driving strong business performance.
Reporting to our Talent Development Manager for Australia and New Zealand, you will play a vital role in the development of Aurecon's development framework, ensuring employees have the knowledge, skills and capabilities required for a future ready Aurecon.
Key aspects of your role will include:
- Delivery of high quality learning programmes in line with global and regional development initiatives that enable existing staff to develop professional skills, leadership and commercial skills required for continuous performance improvement, service quality and consistency.
- Roll-out and local management of flagship development programs including Catalyst, Emerging Professionals Programme, Line Manager Certificate and the Foundations of Leadership Programme.
- Managing local relationships with industry accrediting bodies and promoting the benefits of accreditation to employees and managers.
- Maintaining a local learning calendar and supporting the delivery of development initiatives, particularly in relation to mandatory training programmes that are in line with the regional and global direction.
- Providing advice to employees and leaders regarding development opportunities and processes, and communicating and promoting Talent Development events.
- Reporting on regional external training and employee Education Assistance Scheme (EAS).
- Designing, developing and facilitating customised interventions to build high performance teams, aligned with business strategy and the global People direction.
- Working with the People Business Partner and business leaders to actively develop high performing and high potential employees.
- Contributing to key People processes around career paths, performance management, and succession planning.
- Providing coaching of Aurecon staff as required
- Ensuring compliance to Aurecon policies and procedures, legislative requirements and acting as a role model for Aurecon’s Principles.
What we are looking for:
You will be a seasoned Talent/Learning & Development professional with a collaborative approach and a strong track record in influencing outcomes within fast-paced and complex environments, especially when it comes to talent and development initiatives.
Passionate but pragmatic, you will be able to use your skills and experience to design and implement effective learning strategies that can be tailored and adapted by our various business groups, as well as constantly reviewing existing processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
Engaging and resilient, you have strong interpersonal, leadership and commercial skills. You thrive on the challenge of managing and influencing stakeholders who will challenge your thinking to ensure the best outcomes for the business.
We are looking for an outstanding professional with qualifications, experience, qualities and skills:
- A relevant qualification (Bachelor degree or higher) from a reputable university
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, facilitate and evaluate successful and innovative Talent Development initiatives and programmes
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 5+ years’ experience as a Talent Development/L&D practitioner
- Accreditation in DiSC, LSI, MBTI, and Executive Coaching will be highly regarded
- Experience in delivery of webinar learning (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design, programme management and facilitation
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create constructive and influential relationships with managers, employees and stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Corporate representation with internal and external groups through participation in industry forums, company sponsored events etc.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills (written and verbal)
- Robust understanding of a professional services environment and strong commercial acumen
- Achievement and action orientated with a strong service focus
- The ability to apply business analytics to drive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills – relationship building, networking, collaboration and influencing without authority
- Integrity and confidentiality
- A pragmatic and energetic style
- Understanding of and the ability to apply contemporary and innovative Talent Development practices
- Experience managing competing priorities and stakeholders
- Strong project planning/management and organisation skills
- Understanding of instructional design principles, multi-media, blended and social learning
- Flexibility to travel across Australia as and when required to support our network of offices
What can Aurecon offer you?
At Aurecon, we are committed to fostering a culture which develops and empowers our people, encourages sustainability and promotes team work, and work life balance. We offer an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work on high profile projects together with a rewarding career experience within our large and diverse organisation. We also support flexible work practices and are willing to negotiate work hours to meet your and Aurecon’s needs in line with our commitments as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
If this opportunity is something you would be interested in exploring further, please register your interest by using the "Apply Now" button below or for more information call Andy O'Dell, Senior Recruitment & Sourcing Consultant on 03 3712109.