Independence Advisor (Senior Consultant) (Part time – flexible equivalent to 4 days a week) - Auckland
Our Independence Team operates within the Risk Management group of the Firm and serves the Oceania Region covering Australia, New Zealand, PNG and Fiji.
Independence is a concept fundamental to the audit profession and is pervasive in all dealings between EY and its clients. Independence means the EY and its professionals should be free from interests that might be incompatible with objectivity, integrity and impartiality, both in fact and in appearance.
The team provides policy consultation, training, operation /administration of global tools and processes to prevent independence issues as well compliance testing and development of actions for continuous improvement.
About the opportunity
In your role as an Independence Advisor you’ll:
- Answering Independence hotline and fielding queries to other team members
- Providing support to the relevant Independence process, including reporting and follow up of any identified outstanding matters.
- Providing support and assistance for compliance testing of relevant areas such as services, personal or firm independence.
- Assisting and supporting other members within the Independence team as and when required
- Respond to ad hoc requests
We’re looking for people with the following experience:
- Independence, compliance or auditing experience highly regarded
- Intermediate MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer proficiency
- Problem solving capabilities
- Great people skills
- Ability to develop action plans and work with minimal supervision
- Managing multiple projects and ability to multi-task
- Process improvement oriented
- Meticulous, thorough and systematic
- Ability to work in a pressurised customer focused environment
- Managing conflicting demands
- Customer service mindset and experience in dealing with difficult situations
- Great organisation / project management skills
- Ability to work within a team, understanding the roles and focus of the wider team
- Deadline and results focus with good reporting skills, both verbal and written
- Sound analytical capability, comfortable with spreadsheets, data manipulation and analysis
- An inquiring mind and strong research skills
- A team player, happy to help other team members as required
- Excellent communication skills
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world, to help create wider economic and social benefits today, and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow.
Across every part of EY, we dig deeper in pursuit of better working. Does better begin with you? Click apply online to find out.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2018 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved.