Field Recruiter - Hamilton
Looking for casual work which doesn't require you to be behind a desk all day? Do you have an interest in the world of television? Are you a friendly person who enjoys meeting others? If you are a go-getter who enjoys a new challenge each day, this is the job for you!
The Nielsen Television Ratings team is currently looking for a Field Recruiter. This position recruits homes over the phone and in person to participate in our TV research panel. You do not need to come into an office - your work can be completed from your home and car. This role has flexible days and hours and you will be paid for your travel time.
Our field recruiters play in important role in the foundational data on which our business is built. We need people who are personable, charismatic and energetic. You need to be adaptable, self-motivated and goal driven.
Who are we?Founded in 1923, Nielsen is the global authority on the consumer. We are a global professional research company and the world’s leading provider of media and marketing information. We help over 20,000 clients in over 100 countries to understand consumers and grow their business, every day.
- Recruit Homes: By persuading, educating and earning trust from potential Nielsen families and getting them energised and excited about participating in the Nielsen TV Audience Ratings Panel
- Interview Homes: By conducting in- person / telephonic interviews with families to collect demographic data to ensure they meet established criteria
- Update Reporting: By working closely with the Team Leader to update field results on a regular basis to ensure suitable households are recruited
- Follow up Train: After recruitment and installation, a recruiter is expected to follow up with training call and complete training for each member of the home.
The position may also include other tasks as designated by Management.
- Be passionate, personable and persuasive
- Have the ability to interact with potential Nielsen families for several hours in their home
- Be able to overcome objections by using influencing skills and techniques thus maximising potential Nielsen family participation
- Be open to flexible working hours (willing to work evenings and weekends) and travelling long distances (when required)
- Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and coordinate activities
- Have exceptional phone manners and excellent verbal communication skills
- Formal Education: no specific requirements
- Work Experience: previous recruiting experience preferred.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in NZ
- Full driver’s licence
- Basic Computer proficiency (ability to use email, basic knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel)