SKYCITY Chef Apprenticeship Programme 2019
- Opportunity... it all starts here!
- Three year programme commencing February 2019
- Earn while you learn at New Zealand's largest hospitality employer
SKYCITY Auckland is the perfect environment for a future chef to hone their culinary skills and we're now taking applications for our Chef Apprenticeship Programme to start in February 2019.
With over 20 restaurants, the largest production kitchen and a vast out catering and conventions facility we offer training that's second to none, learning experiences and a range of career opportunities.
What you need to know:
- It's a 3 year programme that will see you become a City and Guilds fully qualified chef
- You get to learn from the best Chefs in the industry across a broad range of cuisines, techniques and styles who will support you every step of the way
- We pay you - whilst you work and study towards your qualification, you'll also earn some money too!
- It's hard work - forget the glitz and glamour of what you see on TV. Expect to spend long hours on your feet and to get your hands dirty
- You'll get really good at organising your life to fit everything in - work, study, friends and family. That's a lot!
- We offer great staff benefits like discounts at our hotels, cheap parking and cheap meals in our staff cafeteria. We even launder your uniform for you so you don't have to stress about keeping those whites crisp and clean
What we look for in you:
- Patience to master the basics first
- Perseverance to get through the long hours and demands of balancing work, study and your social life
- Determination and drive to finish the 3 year programme
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Passion for food and cooking
- A true aspiration to a long standing and successful career in the culinary industry
- Previous cookery experience
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, register your interest in our programme by applying online today! For a sneak peek of what it's like, take a quick tour of our main kitchen and check out what some of our current apprentices have to say here: https://www.skycitycareers.com/chefapprentice
Please note: Applicants must be NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered for these roles.