Senior Manager Compliance Risk & Advisory
If you would like to be part of the CBW Risk team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world’s great companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow then keep reading. Several of our roles, such as this one work to support our teams, communities and people and are part of the driving force behind Westpac New Zealand.
Your main function will be to work within the wider CBW Risk team to provide proactive and insightful regulatory and industry based compliance advice that drives effective management of mandatory change. This encompasses the effective oversight of new and existing regulatory change on policies, systems and processes within the CBW business teams to support the delivery of the business strategy.
You and your team will proactively challenge, advice and influence CBW’s senior leaders on a wide range of issues including challenging the business unit to change, driving banking process reform and supporting across a wide range of areas.
Your accountabilities will include:
What you need to succeed
· ACAMS accredited would be useful
· Work experience of 10 years in the financial services industry with at least 5+ years in a risk discipline (credit management, compliance, audit or operational risk), incorporating sound experience in Operational Risk & Compliance (design, application & monitoring) and audit processes
· Ability to act independently within agreed framework
· Strong understanding of Accredited Financial Adviser regulations and requirements under FAA
· Experience managing competing demands within complicated projects/programmes of work
· Strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines e.g. Code of Banking Practise & NZ Legislation, AML/CFT Act 2009, FAA & CCCFA
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Interpersonal and relationship management skills
What’s in it for you:
If you would like the opportunity to be part of this future thinking risk team then we would love to chat with you further. You'll enjoy working with many people like yourself who take pride in their high standards and professionalism.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are after please apply online or for a confidential conversation please call Clare Montgomerie on firstname.lastname@example.org