Product Owner - Business Digital
This is your chance to shape the future of banking in New Zealand as a Product Owner in Business Digital, covering banking APIs and the next generation of online banking.
- Inspire an experienced and motivated team through your powerful vision
- Constantly collaborate with the team and stakeholders to continually deliver value, iterate and learn through true customer feedback
- Based in Wellington
As a Product Owner in Business Digital, you will be responsible for defining, developing and delivering digital services for Westpac NZ’s business customers. Your primary focus is on the Westpac Application Programming Interface (API) suite but you’ll also work on components of Westpac NZ’s next generation of online banking for business customers.
Working in a modern Agile environment, you will have the passion and vision to define, evolve and deliver amazing features and services and with our talented engineering teams.
You are responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders from across Westpac, its customers and its partners. You will help articulate customer value and commercial viability to the technical solutions delivered by our engineering teams. You will be responsible for the Westpac API roadmap, prioritising its features and work in consultation with the Business Lead / Chief Product Owner. You will also be a contributor to the online banking for business roadmap.
The role will include the following activities:
- Identification, ownership and delivery of roadmap features, working alongside internal and external stakeholders;
- Prioritisation of the product backlog based on customer value and/or risk;
- Detailed understanding of customer needs and how they map to the product backlog;
- Communication of sizing based on teams refinement to key stakeholders;
- Communicate and advocate the vision and value for the products;
- Collaborate closely with the engineering teams (including scrum masters and business analysts) to refine and deliver value each sprint;
- Communicate information on the releases and value delivered by the teams;
- Refine stories, problem solve and help address any issues that arise within the teams during sprints;
- Help articulate the capability required to support new products and services, digital transformation initiatives and regulatory or compliance requirements;
- Collaborate closely with other Product Owner’s and teams to prioritise dependencies;
Strategy and Leadership
- Work with the Business Lead / Chief Product Owner on the strategy for the Westpac API, online banking and Business Digital generally; and
- Inspire and motivate team members and stakeholders with your vision;
- Participate in leadership activities across Business Digital.
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to have the following:
- At least 3 years Agile Digital Product Owner experience
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders and personality types
- Ability to effectively distil complex concepts and articulate these to others
- Effective leadership skills including the ability to listen to and communicate with team members to influence, motivate and inspire
- Prioritisation methods, value articulation, decision-making and delegation skills
- Positive attitude, growth mindset and creative thinking skills
- Banking and/or API platform experience is preferable
Attitude and presence are just as important to us as your background skills and experience and you’ll need a good degree of confidence and a high emotional intelligence to be successful in this role.
In return, we offer a fantastic work environment where you'll quickly feel at home and valued. From day one, we’ll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your development. You can also enrol in our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply through the link on this page.
You can contact John Williams, Recruitment Consultant, at john.williams-HR@westpac.co.nz.