- Full stack Java Developer
- Digitech (Technology Westpac)
Are you a Full stack Java Developer that feels comfortable taking a leadership role in your area of expertise? Are you thinking about taking the plunge into a whole new technology? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment?
About the role:
Reporting to the Practice Manager, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and implementing software solutions within project and support/maintenance capacities. As a senior member in a cross-functional team, you’ll be expected to provide mentoring and leadership to other team members. You will also be looked to for leadership in a new framework direction. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding, testing, and documenting large programs and modifications
- Learning, trialling, developing and then training in a new framework
- Assessing, analysing, and implementing change based on requests
- Maintaining application support processes and investigating/monitoring issues
- Release and deployment activities (i.e. logging results, documenting technical activity undertaken)
- Working in an Agile environment utilising SCRUM
This team is based in Wellington.
It’s not all work and no play. Permanent employees are eligible for many benefits:
- A banking package designed just for you
- A range of personal development programmes
- A wide range of recognition programmes to reward top performers
Westpac is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Confident to be an equal team member while stepping up to the mark and taking ownership
- Ability to self-manage own workload as you look for opportunities to collaborate
- A quick and enthusiastic learning style, adaptable to new environments
- Proactivity in seeking information required to complete a task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate and work as part of a team. Age is not a limiting factor it’s a growth mind-set that makes the difference
Technical experience preferred:
- Significant experience in Full stack development environments
- Familiar with all the layers of software development. Solid knowledge across Networking, Database, User Interface and API.
- Experience in continuous development release
- Experience with calling 3rd party APIs
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Experience working in Agile environments
If this sounds like you, apply today. Westpac New Zealand is an immigration accredited employer.
Apply today with your CV and Cover Letter. We’re also keen to have a chat with all shortlisted applicants about workplace flexibility.
You can contact John Williams, Recruitment Consultant, on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re keen to apply however, please do so through this website.