Accounts Payable Administrator (675-668)
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary.
In order to create a world class experience for our customers we need to gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviours of them, and our Finance team exist to support Z in getting after this. They help enable the business and allow them to get after those things to create real value for our customers.
We have an exciting role available as Accounts Payables Administrator. This role is responsible for assisting in the accounts payable function to ensure all payment deadlines are met in a timely manner.
You will have:
- High level of attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively to internal customers and external suppliers
- At least 2 years experience in accounts payable or financial operations
- Above all a positive and proactive attitude
And of course, you’ll be passionate about what matters to Z and helping us deliver on our aspirations.
Z is now New Zealand’s most preferred fuel brand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and last year were named an Aon Hewitt best employer for the third year in a row. We also have been awarded the Rainbow Tick and the YWCA Equal Pay Compact. This is a fabulous company to be part of, where the people work hard, learn lots and have fun. Have a look at the detailed job description below and if you believe you’re a strong fit we’d love to hear from you. Applications close midday Friday 22 June 2018.
Required Skills: Position Description
Accounts Payable Administrator
Finance, Technology & Risk
Treasury & Cash Management Team Lead
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary. Having a career at Z means working with a company that is committed to your growth and personal development. We've got ambitions to be a world-class Kiwi company and we know it's our people who are going to get us there.
At Z, we focus on achieving outcomes by setting the appropriate context, rather than trying to control people - we believe in "why" versus "way". In choosing to work for Z there are things you need to know, things you need to do and ways you need to be. Most of all you need to understand why. Before deciding to join us, please read the Z Why
. If Z is a good match for your head and heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for organizing, planning and managing the accounts payable process to ensure all payment deadlines are met in a timely manner. This includes the Purchasing Card end to end process.
Number of Direct Reports
Key Relationships Internal
All Purchasing Card holders
Key Relationships External
- Be accountable for maintaining the integrity of the data in Bottomline and JDE Accounts Payable Modules
- Responsible for accurate and timely loading of invoices into Bottomline
- Managing and resolving all accounts payable queries/issues
- Focal point for Bottomline
- Focal point for Fraedom
- Responsible for month end purchasing card processes
- Manage and resolve adhoc Purchasing Card queries from Cardholders
- Ensure Purchase Order process is followed for all purchasing activity in accordance with policy. Raising any deviations with Treasury and Cash Management Team Lead
- Ensure Purchasing Card processes are followed by all Z card holders in accordance with the Purchasing Card Policy. Raising any deviations with Treasury and Cash Management Team Lead
- Any ad hoc tasks which may be deemed necessary
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable role
- JDE experience, preferable but not a necessity
- Fraedom experience, preferable but not a necessity
- Tertiary Education required
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to ensure positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, JDE, particularly Excel
- Positive and Proactive Attitude
- Proven track level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Z’s Values Z is a distinctive company. One of things that makes us Z is our values; they are the soul of our company and these are the things that make us so very Z!
We believe that so much more can be achieved if we are united. If we share our thoughts, our knowledge and our passion then we’ll all share the success.
Have the Passion
It is impossible to be the best unless you are absolutely passionate about what you are doing and you take ownership of it. We are and we do. Our business helps to keep the country running. Literally. And we intend to do it better than anyone and bring more benefits to the whole of New Zealand.
There’s no point being in this business to be just another energy company. We intend to be the best. We can only do that by taking the initiative, by challenging the status quo, by being bold and courageous, and by backing ourselves. So that’s exactly what we do.
Be Straight Up
As far as we’re concerned there’s only one way to do business, and that’s the New Zealand way. So we make it our mission to be honest, open, transparent and real.
We Back Our People
We back our employees to grow and succeed. We give back to the neighbourhoods we work in. We back our customers by knowing what they want and making it happen for them.
Z’s Stands Right now these are the areas where we stand for changing the game in New Zealand. We know we'll only be able to do this if we're all on the same page, so everyone at Z is expected to behave in a way which supports our commitments. You can read more about each of these in the Z Why.
We take personal responsibility for making health, safety, security and the environment (HSSE) a vital part of our business.
To us, sustainability means acting in a way that benefits the future of the neighbourhoods we operate in and the planet we live on.
We stand for making a positive difference where we live and operate in New Zealand.
Diversity & Inclusion
Z is committed to diversity & inclusion. We’re a company made up of a diverse mix of people which we believe makes for a more interesting and rewarding workplace, and better business results!
Z Leadership Competencies
Leadership Level: Leading Self
Make Things Happen
Act as One Team
- Deliver what you say you will deliver
- Show confidence and respond positively to new priorities
- Be determined to make a contribution to Z and a difference for our customers, show tenacity and don’t give up
- Motivate and support colleagues in tough times
- Follow up on issues until they are resolved
- Hold yourself accountable: ‘no excuses’
- Make decisions and take action
- Put what matters to your team and what’s important to our customers before personal goals
- Go out of your way to support and encourage others, even beyond your own team
- Positively support team decisions or initiatives
- Share your knowledge and expertise willingly
- Go the ‘extra mile’ for our customers
- Be patient when supporting others
- Share knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team
- Respect and value the contribution of others
- Champion processes and procedures that focus on safety, operational integrity and customer experience
- Seek, accept and act upon feedback to improve performance
- Own mistakes and demonstrate learning
- Recognise personal strengths and development needs and work with both
- Share knowledge and customer insights for the benefit of the business
Create What Matters
- Be committed, positive and passionate about your work
- Actively listen to our people and our customers, to understand what matters to them
- Communicate concisely, clearly and simply
- Role model the Z Why in all that you do
- Use initiative
- Show empathy; sharing your knowledge and supporting others
- Speak up and challenge where you see issues, risks or inefficiencies
- Volunteer for projects or new initiatives
- Bring a solutions focus to all that you do
- Offer considered opinions and well-reasoned arguments for change
- Respond positively to change and new ways of working
- Build on and support the ideas of our people and our customers
- Highlight opportunities for, and risks to the business
- Think about financial returns; suggesting ways to work more efficiently and effectively
- Know how we make money; making good choices and how we use company resources
- Prioritise activities, focusing on those that add the most value to our customers and to Z
- Demonstrate the customer matters in all you do
- Provide good value for money services
You are the owner of ensuring your actions and the actions of others you interact with do not cause harm. You are personally responsible for your actions around safety and intervene in unsafe actions of those around you.
Make HSSE part of what you stand for by actively identifying and reporting hazards, incidents and near misses immediately. Read and understand the HSSE Stand, Zero Harm Pledge, the Z lifesaving Rules and our Golden Rules. Have knowledge of what your obligations may be under the law.