Direct Marketing Specialist - Fixed Term (697-668)
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Aspiring Programme team in a 12-month fixed term role as a Direct Marketing Specialist. In this role you will design and execute the successful delivery of the customer migration and the customer change management within the Transition Stream of Z’s Aspiring Programme, with a particular focus on designing and executing a world-class customer experience for existing customers to our new Fuelcard eco-system.
You will have:
- A minimum of five years B2B direct marketing experience
- Previous experience in marketing automation to execute CX
- Strong marketing communication and content writing skills
And of course, you’ll be passionate about what matters to Z and helping us deliver on our aspirations. Here at Z, we reckon everyone is a leader. Although you won’t have any direct reports, you are still expected to create what matters and inspire others to get after the most important things.
Z is now New Zealand’s most preferred fuel brand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and last year were named an Aon Hewitt best employer for the fourth year in a row. We have the Rainbow Tick and the YWCA Equal Pay Compact. This is a fabulous company to be part of, where the people work hard, learn lots and have fun. Have a look at the detailed job description below and if you believe you’re a strong fit we’d love to hear from you. Applications close midday Wednesday 22 August 2018.
Required Skills: Position Description
Direct Marketing Specialist
Aspiring Transition Stream Lead
Fixed term contract
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary. Having a career at Z means working with a company that is committed to your growth and personal development. We've got ambitions to be a world-class Kiwi company and we know it's our people who are going to get us there.
At Z, we focus on achieving outcomes by setting the appropriate context, rather than trying to control people - we believe in "why" versus "way". In choosing to work for Z there are things you need to know, things you need to do and ways you need to be. Most of all you need to understand why. Before deciding to join us, please read the Z Why
. If Z is a good match for your head and heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
The purpose of this role is to support the successful delivery of the customer migration and the customer change management within the Transition Stream of the Aspiring Programme, with particular focus on designing and executing a world-class customer experience for existing customers who must transition to our new fuelcard eco-system. The Commercial Ambition & Strategy 3.0 are the foundational documents that guide these pieces of work.
The outcome of Aspiring is: We have transformed the way we create and deliver universal Card Offers to B2B customers that are simple, leverage the unified network, deliver on our CVP, defined by our customers’ needs and deliver the committed results.
For us to be successful in these outcomes we must resource with fully committed subject matter expertise to enable us to effectively deliver. In this case, we must have a Direct Marketing and Customer Experience SME to lead the development and execution of a world-class customer migration experience for our B2B customers (who will each undergo various degrees of change impact and disruption in migrating to a new fuelcard), with the intention of transforming them into Raving Fans.
Number of Direct Reports
Key Relationships Internal
Stream Leads for all workstreams (currently 3)
Head of Business Marketing
Change Manager (Customer)
Customer Experience Manager
Aspiring Programme Team members
Project Business Leads including Marketing, Sales and Operational leads
Commercial Business Unit
Marketing Business Unit
Key Relationships External
Agencies (research, advertising & creative)
You will be accountable for the following areas:
- Work collaboratively with the key stakeholders to understand the customer impacts of the project and develop the customer approach and journeys to articulate how and when these changes will occur – using the Commercial CVP and brand as the base.
- Build a plan and set of deliverables to ensure the customer migration experience is executed flawlessly, and happens to the timeframes estimated.
- Work alongside the Transition teams to develop transition business processes, ‘how-to guides’ for the business and Telnet, training, tools and collateral that will deliver the aspired customer experience during each customer’s migration.
- Lead the production of customer communications plan and content.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Marketing team to ensure the communications plan is integrated with the overall commercial communications plan.
- Support or lead the development of business readiness condition cards for marketing in relation to Customer Migration.
- Support or lead the development of clear, concise, comprehensive and accurate recommendation papers when required.
- Build effective and enduring relationships with all project stakeholders and team members.
- Attend regular status meetings with stream and programme teams
- Consistently role model the Z values, Z stands and the leadership framework.
- There will be other tasks which will come up during the course of the project that you will receive direction on from the Stream Lead or Project/Programme Manager alongside requests from key internal stakeholders.
- Be the voice of the customer in the migration work, ensuring we deliver a customer experience that minimises disruption and creates moments of delight for our migrating customers.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of five years B2B direct marketing experience.
- Previous experience developing and executing a customer experience for complex change projects.
- Proven ability to work in a fast- paced environment.
- Previous experience leveraging marketing automation to execute on a customer experience.
Tertiary qualification preferable
- Strong marketing communication and content writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work productively to deliver what matters most, in the timeframes you’ve committed to.
- Strong relationship management skills including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with key stakeholders and team members.
- Excellent communication skills one on one and in groups with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely to a wide variety of audiences.
- The ability to take a broad organisational perspective.
Z’s Values Z is a distinctive company. One of things that makes us Z is our values; they are the soul of our company and these are the things that make us so very Z!
We believe that so much more can be achieved if we are united. If we share our thoughts, our knowledge and our passion then we’ll all share the success.
Have the Passion
It is impossible to be the best unless you are absolutely passionate about what you are doing and you take ownership of it. We are and we do. Our business helps to keep the country running. Literally. And we intend to do it better than anyone and bring more benefits to the whole of New Zealand.
There’s no point being in this business to be just another energy company. We intend to be the best. We can only do that by taking the initiative, by challenging the status quo, by being bold and courageous, and by backing ourselves. So that’s exactly what we do.
Be Straight Up
As far as we’re concerned there’s only one way to do business, and that’s the New Zealand way. So we make it our mission to be honest, open, transparent and real.
We Back Our People
We back our employees to grow and succeed. We give back to the neighbourhoods we work in. We back our customers by knowing what they want and making it happen for them.
Z’s Stands Right now these are the areas where we stand for changing the game in New Zealand. We know we'll only be able to do this if we're all on the same page, so everyone at Z is expected to behave in a way which supports our commitments. You can read more about each of these in the Z Why.
We take personal responsibility for making health, safety, security and the environment (HSSE) a vital part of our business.
To us, sustainability means acting in a way that benefits the future of the neighbourhoods we operate in and the planet we live on.
We stand for making a positive difference where we live and operate in New Zealand.
Diversity & Inclusion
Z is committed to diversity & inclusion. We’re a company made up of a diverse mix of people which we believe makes for a more interesting and rewarding workplace, and better business results!
Z Leadership Competencies
Leadership Level: Leading Self
Make Things Happen
Act as One Team
- Deliver what you say you will deliver
- Show confidence and respond positively to new priorities
- Be determined to make a contribution to Z and a difference for our customers, show tenacity and don’t give up
- Motivate and support colleagues in tough times
- Follow up on issues until they are resolved
- Hold yourself accountable: ‘no excuses’
- Make decisions and take action
- Put what matters to your team and what’s important to our customers before personal goals
- Go out of your way to support and encourage others, even beyond your own team
- Positively support team decisions or initiatives
- Share your knowledge and expertise willingly
- Go the ‘extra mile’ for our customers
- Be patient when supporting others
- Share knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team
- Respect and value the contribution of others
- Champion processes and procedures that focus on safety, operational integrity and customer experience
- Seek, accept and act upon feedback to improve performance
- Own mistakes and demonstrate learning
- Recognise personal strengths and development needs and work with both
- Share knowledge and customer insights for the benefit of the business
Create What Matters
- Be committed, positive and passionate about your work
- Actively listen to our people and our customers, to understand what matters to them
- Communicate concisely, clearly and simply
- Role model the Z Why in all that you do
- Use initiative
- Show empathy; sharing your knowledge and supporting others
- Speak up and challenge where you see issues, risks or inefficiencies
- Volunteer for projects or new initiatives
- Bring a solutions focus to all that you do
- Offer considered opinions and well-reasoned arguments for change
- Respond positively to change and new ways of working
- Build on and support the ideas of our people and our customers
- Highlight opportunities for, and risks to the business
- Think about financial returns; suggesting ways to work more efficiently and effectively
- Know how we make money; making good choices and how we use company resources
- Prioritise activities, focusing on those that add the most value to our customers and to Z
- Demonstrate the customer matters in all you do
- Provide good value for money services
- You are the owner of ensuring your actions and the actions of others you interact with do not cause harm. You are personally responsible for your actions around safety and intervene in unsafe actions of those around you.
- Make HSSE part of what you stand for by actively identifying and reporting hazards, incidents and near misses immediately.
- Read and understand the HSSE Stand, Zero Harm Pledge, the Z lifesaving Rules and our Golden Rules.
- Have knowledge of what your obligations may be under the law.