HSSE and Operations Assistant (701-668)
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary.
We are looking for an assistant to join our Mini Tankers team based in our newly renovated Greenlane office in Auckland. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will provide support to the wider Mini Tankers team including administration, reporting, communications, invoicing and event management. This is a role with lots of variety and would suit someone who is customer focussed, highly organised and with a great eye for detail.
You will also:
- Have strong skills of enquiry
- Be well-organised and use initiative
- Have a track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a rigorous approach to process compliance including holding others to account
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be great at prioritising
- Have experience at working with ERP systems
And of course, you’ll be passionate about what matters to Z and helping us deliver on our aspirations.
Z is now New Zealand’s most preferred fuel brand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and were just named an Aon Hewitt best employer for the fourth year in a row. We are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and have the Rainbow Tick and the YWCA Equal Pay Compact. This is a fabulous company to be part of, where the people work hard, learn lots and have fun. Have a look at the detailed job description below and if you believe you’re a strong fit we’d love to hear from you. Applications close midday Wednesday 22 August 2018.
Required Skills: Position Description
Mini Tankers HSSE/Operations Assistant
Mini Tankers Operations Manager
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi company we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead we give them a reason for belonging, the possibility of a bigger purpose, and a hunger for the extraordinary. Having a career at Z means working with a company that is committed to your growth and personal development. We've got ambitions to be a world-class Kiwi company and we know it's our people who are going to get us there.
At Z, we focus on achieving outcomes by setting the appropriate context, rather than trying to control people - we believe in "why" versus "way". In choosing to work for Z there are things you need to know, things you need to do and ways you need to be. Most of all you need to understand why. Before deciding to join us, please read the Z Why
. If Z is a good match for your head and heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
The role exists to take ownership of and provide support functions to the Mini-Tankers leadership team using an in-depth knowledge of systems and processes, strong stakeholder relationships, and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Number of Direct Reports
Key Relationships Internal
- GM Mini Tankers
- Operations Manager
- Operations Team
- BDM Safe Operations
- Mini-Tankers BDM
- Z HSSE team
- Other Business Unit Line Managers
Key Relationships External
- AutoSense New Zealand
- Orbit Travel
- Design Print Partners
- Other External Parties as required
Roles and responsibilities relating to the various Mini-Tankers team
- Coordination and administration of Z Card Management systems and process for Mini-Tankers
- Coordination and administration of Mini-Tankers processes relating to the Z ERP (JDE)
- Purchase Order management
- Field equipment optimisation reporting
- Asset Register integrity coordination
- Administration of Packed Products
- General administrative functions and record keeping processes associated with;
- Fitness to Work Programme administration
- Drug and Alcohol Programme administration
- In vehicle management systems administration e.g. EROAD, Guardian Seeing Machines
- Mini-Tanker units compliance records – before, during and after – their period in service with us
- Operations Training – for both new and existing Operators
- Assist where requires with Mini-Tanker projects e.g. EFTPOS rollout/upgrade, RFID/CATS, Tankers@Work roll outs, Zee transitions and relevant onboarding processes for new Zee’s etc.
- Other functions/tasks as required
- Assist with the development and compiling of artefacts and materials required for the Zee annual business planning, quarterly reviews, annual audit processes and ZeeMS reviews e.g. collation of data for Zee profit and loss reporting, compiling kilometres and hours data for entry into estimates sheets, verifying accuracy of EROAD monthly vehicle utilisation report, running month end financial reports (territory report, customer profitability report) etc.
- Coordinate meeting/forum dates with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the coordination and management of the artefacts generated from the annual business planning, quarterly reviews, annual audit processes and ZeeMS reviews
- Assist with monitoring actions from the various meetings and forums with the relevant stakeholders e.g. annual business planning, quarterly reviews, annual audit processes and ZeeMS reviews
BDM Safe Operations (HSSE)
- Coordination of the Mini-Tankers document and artefact repository systems e.g. MT SharePoint, OneDrive, ensuring a systematic and consistent process aligning with the principles of the ZORM document management approach
- Joint oversight of the Mini-Tankers SharePoint ( Extranet) outside of document/artefact management systems outlined above
- Joint oversight of the third party HSSE contractor prequalification systems e.g. PREQUAL& where this is not sufficient other responding to customer HSSE assessment requests
- Coordinate the development and compiling of artefacts and materials required for the various HSSE related meetings/forums e.g. Risk Group, HSSE Committee, HSSE Commitments etc.
- Functional participation in the various HSSE meetings and forums including:
- agenda coordination (compiling items and communicating to stakeholders)
- logistics coordination (venue and travel/accommodation management for members
- meeting outcomes administration and management (action items and follow-up coordination/management)
- Collation, data entry (as required) into the enterprise report repositories relevant report generation of Mini-Tankers HSSE fortnightly and monthly performance data including Risk Manager Administration on -
- oversight of data quality and categorisation assisting the Zees with Risk Manager ownership
- compiling Risk Manager data, analysing and producing reports for stakeholders
- coordinating and oversight of profile change requests
- liaising with the enterprise ‘owner’ of Risk Manager to ensure optimal utilisation
- Coordination of Mini-Tankers Operations & Sales team meetings, Zee engagement forums e.g. Monthly Operations Telco’s, Zee quarterly forums and annual conference, BIG and Risk Group meetings, enterprise safety days etc.
Skills & Experience
At least 3 years’ work experience in an office-based customer facing service or operational role with some HSSE experience being preferable.
- Strong skills of enquiry to effectively uncover current and prospective customers’ explicit and implied needs, as well as opportunities for process improvements based on recurring queries, issues and requests
- Sound personal effectiveness skills – well-organised, use initiative, proactive action and communication, make clear requests, consistently meet deadlines and manage others to meet theirs too
- Rigorous approach to process compliance – hold to account those people (including self) who have responsibilities/accountabilities in business process
- Focus on accuracy – use attention to detail to carry out own work with a high degree of accuracy, as well as being able to check that activities are carried out correctly by others
- Excellent at prioritizing – know when to focus on getting the job done versus resolving the root cause
- Outstanding listening and communication skills (verbal and written), including being excellent at writing presentations
- ERP exposure and experience
Z is a distinctive company. One of things that makes us Z is our values; they are the soul of our company and these are the things that make us so very Z!
We believe that so much more can be achieved if we are united. If we share our thoughts, our knowledge and our passion then we’ll all share the success.
Have the Passion
It is impossible to be the best unless you are absolutely passionate about what you are doing, and you take ownership of it. We are and we do. Our business helps to keep the country running. Literally. And we intend to do it better than anyone and bring more benefits to the whole of New Zealand.
There’s no point being in this business to be just another energy company. We intend to be the best. We can only do that by taking the initiative, by challenging the status quo, by being bold and courageous, and by backing ourselves. So that’s exactly what we do.
Be Straight Up
As far as we’re concerned there’s only one way to do business, and that’s the New Zealand way. So we make it our mission to be honest, open, transparent and real.
We Back Our People
We back our employees to grow and succeed. We give back to the neighbourhoods we work in. We back our customers by knowing what they want and making it happen for them.
Right now these are the areas where we stand for changing the game in New Zealand. We know we'll only be able to do this if we're all on the same page, so everyone at Z is expected to behave in a way which supports our commitments. You can read more about each of these in the Z Why.
We take personal responsibility for making health, safety, security and the environment (HSSE) a vital part of our business.
To us, sustainability means acting in a way that benefits the future of the neighbourhoods we operate in and the planet we live on.
We stand for making a positive difference where we live and operate in New Zealand.
Diversity & Inclusion
Z is committed to diversity & inclusion. We’re a company made up of a diverse mix of people which we believe makes for a more interesting and rewarding workplace, and better business results!
Z Leadership Competencies
Leadership Level: Leading Self
Make Things Happen
- Deliver what you say you will deliver
- Show confidence and respond positively to new priorities
- Be determined to make a contribution to Z and a difference for our customers, show tenacity and don’t give up
- Motivate and support colleagues in tough times
- Follow up on issues until they are resolved
- Hold yourself accountable: ‘no excuses’
- Make decisions and take action
Act as One Team
- Put what matters to your team and what’s important to our customers before personal goals
- Go out of your way to support and encourage others, even beyond your own team
- Positively support team decisions or initiatives
- Share your knowledge and expertise willingly
- Go the ‘extra mile’ for our customers
- Be patient when supporting others
- Share knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team
- Respect and value the contribution of others
- Champion processes and procedures that focus on safety, operational integrity and customer experience
- Seek, accept and act upon feedback to improve performance
- Own mistakes and demonstrate learning
- Recognise personal strengths and development needs and work with both
- Share knowledge and customer insights for the benefit of the business
- Be committed, positive and passionate about your work
- Actively listen to our people and our customers, to understand what matters to them
- Communicate concisely, clearly and simply
- Role model the Z Why in all that you do
- Use initiative
- Show empathy; sharing your knowledge and supporting others
Create What Matters
- Speak up and challenge where you see issues, risks or inefficiencies
- Volunteer for projects or new initiatives
- Bring a solutions focus to all that you do
- Offer considered opinions and well-reasoned arguments for change
- Respond positively to change and new ways of working
- Build on and support the ideas of our people and our customers
- Highlight opportunities for, and risks to the business
- Think about financial returns; suggesting ways to work more efficiently and effectively
- Know how we make money; making good choices and how we use company resources
- Prioritise activities, focusing on those that add the most value to our customers and to Z
- Demonstrate the customer matters in all you do
- Provide good value for money services
You are the owner of ensuring your actions and the actions of others you interact with do not cause harm. You are personally responsible for your actions around safety and intervene in unsafe actions of those around you.
Make HSSE part of what you stand for by actively identifying and reporting hazards, incidents and near misses immediately.
Read and understand the HSSE Stand, Zero Harm Pledge, the Z lifesaving Rules and our Golden Rules. Have knowledge of what your obligations may be under the law.