Moving to NZ
Our Corporate Head Office and Design Centres are based in Auckland & Dunedin, New Zealand.
At Fisher & Paykel Appliances we encourage global mobility and in New Zealand we welcome people from all over the world every year. If you are considering joining us in New Zealand here are website links to some useful information.
VISA & IMMIGRATION INFORMATION
New Zealand Immigration - We are an accredited employer and our recruitment team will provide information and help you through the application process. Many of our vacancies are considered an essential skill and applicants for work visas in this area are given priority.
SETTLING INTO NEW ZEALAND
- NZ Ready - An online planning tool to assist anyone migrating to New Zealand.
- New Zealand Now - A guide to living and working in New Zealand.
- Settlement Support New Zealand - Provides information about living and working in New Zealand.
- Move2NZ - Information for migrants and support through forums, chat rooms, experts and updates.
- Te Ara - Provides a comprehensive guide to our peoples, natural environment, history, culture, economy and society.
- ENZ - Moving your pets with you to New Zealand.
- Sorted - An independent money guide designed for New Zealand.
- Dunedin City Council - Describes their service and useful information to get you settled in Dunedin.
- Auckland City Council - A range of information on the city, services and activities.
GETTING A BANK ACCOUNT
Most of our banks can help you set up your account before you leave home. Here is a list of some of New Zealand's largest banks websites. On their websites they have comprehensive information around setting up your account, transferring funds internationally and obtaining mortgages.
TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT OUR CITIES
WHERE TO LIVE
Here are some useful places to start looking for houses to rent or buy.
EDUCATION & CHILDCARE
- TKI - Lists all the schools in both Auckland & Dunedin, including government information, statistics and a link to their website.
- Ministry of Education - Information about your child's education including tips on choosing an ECE service or school, what they learn, how their progress is assessed and more.
- Education Review Office - ERO reviews schools and early childhood education services, and publishes national reports on current education practice.
- Plunket - New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under 5.
INLAND REVENUE DEPARTMENT
Before you can work in New Zealand you will need to register with our Inland Revenue Department and get an IRD number.
New Zealand Tax Calculator - With tax rates being different all around the world, this is a useful tool to help you calculate how much tax you may be paying in New Zealand.