SKYCITY Auckland is New Zealand's most popular entertainment and tourist destination, welcoming millions of visitors each year into our world-class casino, two luxury hotels, 20 award-winning bars and restaurants, the country's largest convention centre, theatre and the iconic Sky Tower. And we’re about to get even bigger, with construction underway on the NZ International Convention Centre, a third luxury hotel and a food and retail precinct between Hobson and Nelson Streets.
Auckland is a diverse city with a wonderful array of people from different cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds. At SKYCITY Auckland we celebrate this diversity by ensuring our business reflects our customers. We have a range of programmes that support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and one of these is the 'Rainbow Tick' which recognises us as an employer who encourages and supports our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, takatāpui and intersex (LGBTTI) employees. We're also the recipient of ATEED's 'Youth Employer of the Year 2016' which acknowledges our programmes that train and employ young people who are not currently in employment, training or education.
At SKYCITY Auckland, everyone has the opportunity to advance their career without having to leave the business and nearly 40% of our job vacancies are filled by existing staff members. Keep reading to find about our winning career opportunities...
At SKYCITY Auckland, our vision is to deliver world-class casino entertainment. Our mission is to thrill, excite and make everyone feel like a winner. It's what we do, why we exist and it applies as much to our employees as it does our customers. We're an organisation that lives our values:
Across our six casinos, three luxury hotels, 50+ restaurants and bars, convention and event centres and, in Auckland, purpose-built theatre and iconic Sky Tower, we employ over 6,500 people. Being such a large, diverse business means we have a huge range of jobs, employee benefits and career advancement opportunities for:
- Chefs, from apprentice to executive level.
- Waiters, bartenders, baristas, duty managers, bar managers and restaurant managers.
- Table Games Dealers (Croupiers) and Gaming Machine Attendants.
- Hotel staff from receptionists, night auditors and concierge to housekeeping, drivers and management.
- Electricians, plumbers, HVAC engineers, maintenance and grounds attendants.
- Warehousing and logistics staff.
- Marketing, information technology, finance, human resources/recruitment, procurement, sales and communications professionals