Full Stack Senior Analyst Programmer
- Permanent role; Flexible work options; flexi-hours, flexi-place
- Join ANZ’s digital banking environment. Highly collaborative team culture
- Latest techniques in development, scrum, and agile
About The Role
- Working as a Senior Developer within the ANZ Delivery Digital team you will be working collaboratively with high-performing Agile teams.
- You will be passionate about driving change and improvements in Development, test automation and the continuous delivery spaces, improving software quality, delivering software faster and more reliably.
Role Location: Auckland CBD
Role Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Standard business hours with plenty flexible work options available
- You will be a communicator. You will be spending your day working alongside other developers, testers, BA’s and product owners and you need to be able to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions, at the right time.
- You’ll be working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change in the organisation.
- You’re passionate about writing well tested code that follows good software development principles. You have an interest in contributing to and improving automation testing suites.
- You will have proven experience working as a Senior Developer in agile environments, and you’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing improvement of development processes, tools, strategy, and methodology.
- You’ll be passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge with your peers
Essential Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of good software engineering principles and practices for keeping a codebase of high maintainability
- Excellent experience in .Net programming and web development
- Experience in developing and consuming REST services.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks (e.g. JUnit & Mockito, QUnit).
- Experience with scrum or other Agile practices
- A rigorous and logical approach to problem solving
- Experience working with relational databases (a foundational knowledge of SQL).
- Good and clear communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Experience leading and mentoring other developers and supporting a development community
- Experience working with server rendered pages e.g. JSP, ASP.net
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous experience developing customer-facing banking applications
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Experience working on microservice architectures
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Circle CI Travis)
- Containerisation and DevOps knowledge (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Familiarity with UNIX dev environment (e.g. shell scripting and use over ssh terminal)
Some of our other benefits include:
• Southern Cross Health Insurance
• Banking and Insurance benefits
To find out more about ANZ’s Technology strategy, watch these two short videos by going to the ANZ careers page http://www.anz.co.nz/careers and searching reference number NEW034163.
Technology Roadmap and Technology Plan
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – We are honest and fair
Collaboration – We work together for the customer
Accountability – We take ownership and get things done
Respect – We care for all those we serve
Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better
Tō Ao, Nā Tō Ara – E whakanuia ana e ANZ ngā mea Māori katoa
Your world, your way – ANZ celebrating all things Māori
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5k74hROfw&feature=youtu.be)
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW034163.