Aurecon is a progressive privately-owned consulting firm operating across Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle-East. We bring ideas to life to design for a better future. Our New Zealand Ground and Underground Engineering team operates across four New Zealand locations offering our core disciplines of geotechnical engineering, geology, tunnelling, underground structures, and contaminated land management.
We have an opportunity for a talented, client focused Senior Engineering Geologist to join our team in Auckland to work alongside our New Zealand Geological Practice Leader to assist in the delivery of key projects in the New Zealand infrastructure market. As 2IC to our lead geologist, you will be given a broad range of responsibilities to manage staff and to deliver projects. Working within a national team you will be engaging with a large cohort of talented and experienced engineers and geologists who are actively engaging and work-sharing across our business.
This role will encompass a blend of leadership, line management, technical delivery and client-facing responsibilities, including:
* Geological desk studies for small to mega projects
* Scoping and managing the delivery of our investigations including investigations for major infrastructure projects
* Rock engineering, tunnel geological mapping and natural hazards assessment
* Digital geological modelling
* Quality checking of outputs generated by the team
* Production/review of geotechnical factual and interpretive reports
* Project leadership and delivery management
* Line management/team leadership responsibilities including mentoring
* Tendering and opportunity management
* Coordination with internal and external stakeholders and clients
* A working knowledge of the ANZ industry and technical standards, experience in Auckland geology a must
* 10+ years relevant experience
* Chartership or working towards chartership/professional accreditation
* Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
* Broad geotechnical competency as well as specialist expertise in engineering geology and geohazards, preferably with strong experience developing ground models in Auckland
* Experience in the New Zealand transport infrastructure market
* Significant experience within the geotechnical industry with solid understanding of ground conditions, drilling and site investigation works.
* Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
* Strong IT skills including 3-D geological modelling, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
* An interest in mentoring/guiding less experienced staff
* A client-focused and professional approach
* Passion for ongoing professional and technical development
What We Provide
* Working in a progressive and innovative company
* Exposure to our Digital, Innovation and Eminence initiatives.
* A competitive remuneration package and flexi-time
* Our commitment to your professional development
* Exposure to interesting and varied projects
* Access to Employee Education Assistance
* Links to academia and professional groups
* Links to our Global Ground Engineering Advocacy Group
* Opportunity for travel and work with a diverse range of talented engineers
How to Apply
If you are keen to progress your career within a diverse and vibrant global team and work with a group shaping the future of New Zealand infrastructure, please click on the APPLY button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer
#Aurecon #Ground Engineering #Digital #Innovation #Eminence