Senior Manager, Performance Improvement, Advisory – Wellington, Christchurch
The nature of work is evolving rapidly due to changes in technology, the environment, society, and human behaviour. Businesses and governments are being disrupted in this digital age requiring different capabilities to deliver on their purpose to their customers and citizens. There is an immediate need to become more innovative, agile, responsive and adaptable to change.
That's where EY comes in.
Be part of our leading Advisory practice joining a global network of professionals revolutionising the future of work, bringing the best of NZ to the world and supporting governments to improve New Zealanders’ wellbeing through insight. We are passionate about making a difference and in building a better working world to make a positive impact on everyday kiwis.
Our Advisory team at EY in Wellington are seeking people who want to be part of something bigger. We are recruiting self-starters, people passionate about making a difference and those keen to inspire others to follow on this journey at a firm which is ranked the #1 professional services employer in Universum’s ‘most attractive employer’ for the third consecutive year.
Our team is based in the vibrant capital city of New Zealand, Wellington which is regularly rated as one of the best places to live and work in the world. Aside from its well-deserved reputation as the home of some of the best coffee and craft beer in Asia, Wellington is the digital creative hub of New Zealand, incubating some of the most innovative start-ups and tech disruptors. The city has a dynamic and renowned dining scene, an active and easily accessible outdoor lifestyle (with the city located between water and hills and surrounded by beautiful natural parks), and easy access to all other parts of New Zealand given its central geographical location.
- Are you someone who believes in making a difference?
- Do you thrive on being part of a diverse team focussed on solving challenging problems to build a better working world?
- Does the potential from technology, data and analytics excite you?
- Are you passionate about helping our Government deliver better outcomes for our citizens?
- Are you a leader and someone who is a values-led role model, setting the example for others to follow?
Ideally you will have experience working in a professional services environment where you are used to connecting with clients to understand their issues and opportunities for improvement. You will be ‘comfortable being uncomfortable’ and in structuring the co-design of solutions with design and adaptive thinking techniques. You are curious about and have experience with emerging technology and know when to leverage this to accelerate realisation of outcomes.
In your role
- Take a leadership role to develop a portfolio of client assignments that are driven by a need to change and improve the ways of working, often enabled by emerging technology and analytics
- Build valuable relationships with external clients and internal peers by focusing on high impact opportunities that leverage your experience and networks
- Lead business development activity and proposals using a variety of medium depending on the client and situation
- Manage teams to develop project findings into clear, concise, high-quality deliverables
- Lead stakeholders and clients and also across the EY network (in New Zealand and internationally)
- Act as a subject matter resource on a number of services (depending on your experience, interests and education)
- Plan and oversee analysis and research using EY knowledge resources to rapidly develop client insights
Skills & attributes
- Ability to take a ‘big picture’ strategic view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of areas and technologies
- Comfortable working and engaging across multiple levels of organisations and governments, including chief executives and ministers
- Willing to stretch and challenge client thinking with a natural curiosity to adapt to new ways of working
- Able to shift between both business development and delivery responsibilities
- Adept at leading multiple projects and groups of clients and consultants in a collaborative and result-oriented way
- Strong project, financial and time management ability, ensuring delivery of client outcomes against committed deadlines and budgets
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet and surpass client needs and expectations
- Advanced written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation communication ability
- Able to adapt and flex with changing needs
- 8+ years in a relevant industry/consulting role developing your professional service and leadership experience
- Proven team and client leadership and coaching experience
- Able to demonstrate how you would help EY build a better working world
What's in it for you?
- The chance to join a great firm and team in vibrant Wellington, working with and learning from Partners and staff with truly international experience and outlook
- Flexible working arrangements, subsidised onsite gym and banking and insurance discounts
- Help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing our government and leading organisations in New Zealand and around the world
- Join a leading Asia Pacific (and Global) Advisory practice with the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally
- Be part of a firm who has been ranked as the #1 professional services employer in Universum’s ‘Most Attractive Employer’s annual ranking for the third consecutive year
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Maori and Pasifika network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Join us in building a better working world - apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2018 Ernst & Young New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.